Re: [AMBER-Developers] URGENT: weird commit to master branch at git.ambermd.org

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 13:59:50 -0400

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012, Scott Le Grand wrote:
> So the correct answer here was git push origin <commit_id>:spfp-dev?

Yes...I think that avoids the danger that you update master as well. You
can use the "-n" flag to git push if you aren't sure. But I sure don't do
that all the time; might be good if you are doing fancy-ish things like
rebasing or resetting the HEAD.

> Noted for the future if so and I sincerely apologize for the breakage...

Not a problem...was a pretty easy fix. I'd rather have people really working
to improve things than being afraid of breaking something.

...dac