Re: [AMBER-Developers] Amber12 release candidate 2

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 08:00:14 -0400

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012, Jason Swails wrote:

> Snapshot 2 is the biggest difference here. In snapshot 2, the Mac side has
> an entropic contribution from the 8th eigenvector, frequency 0.081 (17.576
> cal/mol-K), whereas that same mode has frequency 0.000 and is omitted with
> the MKL.

> This, I claim, is neither MMPBSA.py's fault nor is it something we
> should be concerned about.

I tend to agree with the first part (it's not the fault of mmpbsa per se), but
not the second. After the release, we should track this down: nmode should
not be giving compiler-dependent diffs like those quoted above. I'm wondering
if we are calling MKL correctly here, or if the minimization conditions are
not strict enough, or ????

....dac