[AMBER-Developers] parallel AMBER configure crashing: FFTW

From: Jodi Ann Hadden <jodih.uga.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 23:02:45 +0000

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble configuring parallel AMBER based on fresh git pull from a few hours ago, a pull from yesterday behaved the same way. My configure crashes with the same error Romelia reported on Monday, so maybe this is a known issue, but I am actually using the gnu compilers, whereas she was using intel but seeing errors related to gnu. I get this for gnu 4.4.0 and gnu 4.4.4 for the parallel configure, while Romelia's report appeared to be for serial.

./configure -mpi gnu
<snip>
Configuring fftw-3.3 (may be time-consuming)...

        Error: FFTW configure returned 1
        FFTW configure failed! Check the fftw3_config.log file.

However, a file called ffw3_config.log is not generated in my AMBERHOME.

This is for RHEL5 Server with gnu 4.4.0. Another RHEL5 machine with gnu 4.4.4 does the same.

CruiseControl shows the parallel AMBER build with gnu 4.4.5 passed today. Another machine running RHEL6 Server with gnu 4.4.6 compilers also configures parallel AMBER without issue.

Let me know if I can provide further information.

Jodi