[AMBER-Developers] patch_amber.py just hangs for me (Mac OS)

From: David A. Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 17:34:19 -0500

Hi Jason, & others:

I'm not all that good at debugging python, but if I (or the configure program
in $AMBERHOME) run ./patch_amber.py <args> it just hangs, and never returns.

Seems to run fine for commands that don't need to go out to the internet;
but it looks like it needs some timeout and appropriate exit if there is no
response from the remote server. Or maybe it *is* getting a reply but is not
correctly exiting (because if I type ^C to exit the program, it then tells me
that there is 1 un-applied patch, suggesting the script might have received a
response but still didn't exit???).

The configure script probably needs an --no-internet option or something, to
completely skip the patching step.

My python version is 2.6.1. Not sure where it came from, but it's in
/usr/bin, so probably comes from Apple.

....dac