Re: [AMBER-Developers] non-neutral ethane from antechamber

From: Crowley, Michael <Michael.Crowley.nrel.gov>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 12:55:56 -0700

Hi Francois,
Thanks a lot for your interest, I see your points.
I am fine with lower precision, but do not understand what antechamber is
doing with the lower precision. The charges do not make sense compared to
the higher precisions, they are not rounded off numbers, they are
different and don¡¯t sum to zero, not even close. From what I see, the
first column should have -0.0939 and 0.0313. Even with the -0.0941, the H
charges should be 0.0314 not 0.0317. Even with two digits of precision,
the charges should be -.094 and .031 with a sum of 0.001, half of the
antechamber sum/error.
  formats from sqm
  f14.3 f14.4 f14.5 f14.8
-0.094100 -0.093900 -0.093890 -0.093887
  -0.094100 -0.093900 -0.093890 -0.093887
 0.031700 0.031300 0.031300 0.031296
 0.031700 0.031300 0.031300 0.031296
 0.031700 0.031300 0.031300 0.031296
 0.031700 0.031300 0.031300 0.031296
 0.031700 0.031300 0.031300 0.031296
 0.031700 0.031300 0.031300 0.031296
total
 0.002000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000001

Does that make sense, or am I still wanting too much from these programs?
At least for this case it looks to me that just changing the precision by
one or two in the printout is a workaround if not a real solution.

Best wishes,
Michael

--
Michael F. Crowley, Ph.D.
Principal Scientist, Biomolecular Sciences Division