Re: [AMBER-Developers] Dear Professor Case, I would like to enquiry whether the current amber will still support gcc4.1.2 in the future release. Thank you.

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:39:24 -0500

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011, Lin Fu wrote:

Thanks for your note(Below). These points should be posted on the Amber
developers list; and I am cc-ing this there.

I think we are still trying to support gcc 4.1.2, mainly because Ross has
noted that such compilers are still prevalent at supercomputer sites, and
there are other machines in the same boat. I'd love to get past that however,
and I wonder if supercomputer users don't have access to other compilers (e.g.
Intel, pathscale, etc.) that would avoid this problem. There are many other
places that would benefit from not being tied to gcc 4.1.2, and most
developers (including me) don't have such machines; (instructions for setting
up a virutal machine with whatever OS this is [RHEL x??] might help.

(InSuk: can you work on fixing the problems noted below...thx.)

....dac