Re: [AMBER-Developers] FW: [AMBER] Issue with running sander with SHAKE

From: Duke, Robert E Jr <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 03:11:13 +0000

Once again, if memory serves, it doesn't so much ignore the atoms_per_molecule info as it basically chooses to override it, unless you turn the feature off. The distinction, at least in my mind, is that I believe I did check for a well-formed prmtop in regard to these numbers, even when I didn't use them. I don't remember what happens with the solvent_pointers section. I'll try to remember to actually look at the code tomorrow; I expect it is pretty obvious what pmemd is doing in terms of parsing the prmtop. I do sort-of remember that some of the interesting scenarios arose due to unexpected or unanticipated order of things in the pdb being fed into xleap. All this stuff got to be really important to me due to performance implications about how you divide up molecules between processors, as well as extra points framing implications. But I also did have an assortment of users with unusual pdb's, and I think the fix did help them; I no doubt am not remembering everything though...
Regards - Bob