Re: [AMBER-Developers] (long-ish) saga about the HAS_10_12 option in sander and pmemd

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 14:35:52 -0400

Hi,

I second the notion that the use of ifdef statements should be
minimized. I think in many cases ifdefs could be replaced with normal
if-then statements and/or separate function calls without too much
performance loss. The gain in readability is probably worth it,
although it will be a ton of work (over 1000 ifdefs in sander alone).

Also, I think that once all of the 10_12 code is sorted out and
working properly, a test case should be added that could catch this
issue.

-Dan