Re: [AMBER-Developers] updating Fortran files to .F/.F90

From: Tyler Luchko <tluchko.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 17:17:13 -0400

On 10/10/2011 05:00 PM, Jason Swails wrote:
> My main concern here is for Mac OS X and all other case-insensitive OSes
> (and what about OSes that go a step further and are fully case-unaware?).
> I'm guessing they should work, but I imagine we'd have to test thoroughly
> all platforms we currently claim to support in order to move over.

Mac OS X is a problem in that the script should not be run on Mac OS X.
After master and the developer branches are updated I suspect that a
fresh clone will have to be made on Mac machines. Otherwise it should
just work. The system is still case-aware and I believe the build
tools, like Make, are case-sensitive. I'll try and test this tonight.

I can't speak to other case-insensitive OSes (or name any..).

> I'm guessing the script only changes file names, right? It doesn't put into
> motion the rest of your plan?

The script changes file names and modifies Makefiles, makedepend files,
depend files, the configure file and one source file. After running the
script, you should be able compile and run all the tests and get the
same output as before. Nothing is committed to Git but the script is
intended to make all necessary modifications to get a working build.

Tyler