Re: [AMBER-Developers] Sending Structs in MPI

From: <dcerutti.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 15:12:59 -0400 (EDT)

All the data that I am sending in structs is linear in memory to begin
with, and for what appear to be the vast majority of cases the structs
contain two ints followed by some number of doubles so there is probably
not even any padding in them. Well before I started writing mdgx, I was
accustomed to building structs intelligently to keep things contiguous in
memory and reduce the number of pointers. This summer, as I was preparing
to write a parallel implementation of mdgx, I did a lot more things to
organize memory that will be communicated into contiguous bundles, so if
that's all it is then I am in a good position to capitalize on all that
effort.

Now to figure out why my multi-processor sum doesn't add things the right
way.

Dave