Re: [AMBER-Developers] (no subject)

From: Duke, Robert E Jr <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 17:47:42 +0000

There are alignment requirements for data types, and what you are seeing is the typical padding required to keep all the dbl's aligned properly in an array. The only way around it I know of, off the top of my head, is to marshal the data into and out of byte arrays, and for this example, it is probably not worth it. The thing about marshalling is that it has very real costs too.