Re: [AMBER-Developers] [ross.rosswalker.co.uk: Re: [AMBER] Serial Version of libFpbsa.a]

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 11:32:13 -0400

On Sep 17, 2011, at 9:23 AM, case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> ----- Forwarded message from Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk> -----
>

> Did you build AMBERTools and AMBER in serial first? You need to do this
> before building the parallel version of the code.
>
>> Error: a serial version of libFpbsa.a must be built before parallel
>
> Just a note to developers: it would be great if this requirement could be
> relaxed. I've tried a little, but failed, in tracking down why the parallel
> build can't just do the right thing (tm).

I think one thing we should implement is a pmemd-only build option via something like "make pmemdonly". As for enabling parallel sander only, since we're probably going to be enabling sander.RISM.MPI, we may have a new set of dependencies to build.

I've done straight sander.MPI building dependencies by hand so I think I can automate this. I'll give it a go when I get a chance

All the best,
Jason