Re: [AMBER-Developers] Intel and At1.5/Amber11 combo (on rhel 4)

From: B. Lachele Foley <lfoley.uga.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 22:03:41 +0000

"Basically, each time you re-run configure, you also need to re-run the python script."

Ahhh.... Between serial and parallel, I thought "hmmmm..... I wonder if running the python thing again will be necessary.... or if doing that will break things even worse... hmmmmm....."

I chose not to. Works now. Thanks!

I suppose the only way to be truly clear is to add "re-run this every time you configure" to that notice. However, it would be even better if there were a brief top-level readme to go with the script. After many minutes of compiler spew, it's hard to remember that bit at the end of the configure.

Something like this, and feel free to edit:

cat AT15_Amber11.README
===============================
To install Amber 11 with AmberTools1.5, you need to run the script AT15_Amber11.py found in the $AMBERHOME directory.

To run it, simply type:

./AT15_Amber11.py

Run this before each "make x" in the $AMBERHOME/src directory. That is, run it after configuring serial and then again after configuring parallel, but just before "make serial" and "make parallel".
===============================

Also, for maximum user-friendliness,

- echo " cd $AMBERHOME; ./AT15_Amber11.py; make $installtype"
+ echo " cd $AMBERHOME; ./AT15_Amber11.py; cd $AMBERHOME/src; make $installtype"

:-) Lachele

Dr. B. Lachele Foley
Complex Carbohydrate Research Center
The University of Georgia