[AMBER-Developers] Uppercase module filenames

From: Mengjuei Hsieh <mengjueh.uci.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 11:33:42 -0700

Hi,

It seems to me that Amber used to support PathScale as a compiler suite,
so what was the suggestion by then to deal with module filename with
different cases? For example, a module file in gfortran/intel fortran
like qmmm_module.mod would become QMMM_MODULE.mod in Open64 and PathScale.

Reading from the archive of the developers' list, the solution was simply
cp orig/*.mod dest/ , but that doesn't look very robust. The other way
to do it is using "-I" flag, but I can imagine some cases of conflicted
module names.

Can we do "find" and then "xargs" in Makefile? They are both POSIX
commands, but I am not sure how portable the commands are. Basically it
would look like:

        find ../../AmberTools/src/sqm -iname qmmm_module.mod \
        -o -iname qmmm_vsolv_module.mod -o -iname qmmm_vsolv_module.mod \
        -o -iname qmmm_struct_module.mod -o -iname qmmm_nml_module.mod \
        -o -iname qmmm_qmtheorymodule.mod -o -iname qmmm_struct_module.mod \
        -o -iname elementorbitalindex.mod | xargs -I xxx cp xxx .

Ideas? :p

Regards,
--
Mengjuei Hsieh, Molecular Bio & Biochem, University of California Irvine