[AMBER-Developers] LyX 2.0

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 08:20:29 -0400

Some may have noticed that LyX 2.0 has been officially released. It's file
format is different from (and incompatible with) LyX 1.6, which is what we are
currently using for the Amber docs.

For the time being, please do *not* use LyX 2.0 for updates to Amber11.lyx or
AmberTools.lyx. I think we should wait a bit, both to see if nasty bugs get
reported, and until LyX 1.6.10 is released, which will be able to read the LyX
2.0 file format.

Nevertheless, LyX 2 has lots of neat features: compare documents, html output,
and the ability to export everything needed for a document (e.g. including
figures, sty files, etc.) into a single archive file. So we will want to move
ahead sometime.

...thx...dac