[AMBER-Developers] question about random generator

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 21:11:14 -0700

Hello everyone,

I had a quick question about the Marsaglia generator that Amber uses. If I
want to start two independent random number streams that are uncorrelated,
can I use the seeds ig and ig+1 in general? I would imagine that I'm fine
doing that, but I wanted to make sure before I just adopted that approach
without thinking.

I could of course run a whole bunch of tests to prove it to myself, but I
thought someone here may be able to help save me some time.

Thanks!

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate