[AMBER-Developers] LyX fixes: couriers.sty and RHEL

From: B. Lachele Foley <lfoley.uga.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 13:54:58 +0000

Following up on the previous, in case it might help anyone.

**** The "couriers.sty" not found problem.

On at least RHEL and Slackware, the courier-scaled style doesn't come already installed. This is a LaTeX thing, not LyX, per se.

1. Go to this site, download the zipped file and extract it: http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/psfonts/courier-scaled/

2 a. If you want to be rigorous, go to this site and follow instructions: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Packages/Installing_Extra_Packages

2 b. If not, I got away with just copying the courier-scaled directory to /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex and then running (as root) the command "texhash". YMMV.

**** Installing on RHEL

1. Follow the instructions here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ#Using_EPEL -- this is a site that has rpm's designed to work with RHEL. I expect that Mengjuei's repo would work, but figured I'd mention this one, too, since it is made specifically for RHEL.

2. After that, "yum install lyx" should work.

3. If anyone with RHEL knows how to get around the python dep issues involved with installing Inkscape, please share.

:-) Lachele

Dr. B. Lachele Foley
Complex Carbohydrate Research Center
The University of Georgia