[AMBER-Developers] Some minor issue on Mac OS X 10.4 w/ RC2

From: MengJuei Hsieh <mengjueh.uci.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 17:02:08 -0700

Hi,

I know Mac OS X 10.4 is obsolete, (hey, I still have two tiger boxes!)
but if you guys indeed want to build AT15 on 10.4 tiger, here are two
issues that you need to know.

* Python 2.6.6 configuration
    The basic compiler on tiger is gcc-4.0, not 4.2
    (pushed to master)

* off_t in ptraj/trajectory.c
    For some reason my gcc43 doesn't understand off_t in ptraj/trajectory.c.
    The situation is quite weird, since off_t is a posix standard, meaning
    that it should be a default everywhere. Adding #include <unistd.h>
    in trajectory.c solves the problem, but I am not sure if I should add
    this to the tree.

Cheers, don't take KI tablet if it's not recommended by CDC.
--
Mengjuei Hsieh, Molecular Biology & Biochem, Univ. of California Irvine.