Re: [AMBER-Developers] std=c++0x

From: Ben Roberts <ben.roberts.geek.nz>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 11:08:29 -0500

On 22/2/2011, at 3:56 p.m., Ben Roberts wrote:

> I'll see if I can figure out what's going on at this end. I've attached the parts of the build log that failed at reduce, where the first failure occurred.
>
> The issues seem to arise from certain of the gcc-4.4 headers. I'm downloading and installing the MacPorts gcc-4.5 now to see if that makes a difference.

In fact, it seems that this problem boils down to an imperfect implementation of the C++0x standard in Intel 11. See also:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=74691

What are thoughts concerning compiler compatibility? Specifically, how backwards compatible should we aim to be?

Ben

--
For greater security, I support S/MIME encryption.