Re: [AMBER-Developers] Fwd: [CVS-notification] [GIT] git repository for AMBER: AWG: inital stab at AMBER/Gaussian interface

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 22:16:45 -0500

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 9:57 PM, David Case <dacase.rci.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> On Feb 14, 2011, at 9:36 PM, "Ross Walker" <ross.rosswalker.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Gaussian 80... :-P
>
> Since neither Andy nor Ross were born yet when G80 was released, they may
> not know the full history: Amber

A group to which I belong, too, no doubt.

supported an interface to Gaussian 80 before it was popular to do so.....

> (More details to be revealed in Athens.)

I'm not sure if this is a joke or not, but I figure I'll chime in here with
a selfish desire. One talk I'd be very interested in seeing at the meeting
would be a history of Amber, outlining perhaps the major developments and
developers as the package matured.

As someone who has entered the scene rather recently (the oldest version I
can boast using is an amber9 and pre-release amber10), I'm woefully ignorant
of the majority of Amber's lifespan (and likely many of its founding
mothers/fathers/developers).

As far as I know this isn't really something I could read up on in articles
(short of perhaps piecing together various bits of history from carefully
selected articles written over the past couple decades).

It doesn't relate to current, developing science so I quite understand if
time is too short for this, but if we can sneak it in you'd have at least
one supporter.

All the best,
Jason

> ....dac