Re: [AMBER-Developers] code bloat in AmberTools?

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 13:22:07 -0500

Hi all,

Regarding point 1, an AmberTools version that does not include 3rd
party libraries could be made available. The configure script would
just need to be able to look for these libraries if they aren't in the
Amber directory and take appropriate action and/or give helpful error
messages if they aren't found on the system. Since netcdf is
(hopefully) becoming the default trajectory format people are using I
think that should be kept no matter what; however I may be a little
biased there :-).

Regarding the test case sizes, one thing that I have tried to do with
the cpptraj test cases is to use one trajectory/prmtop in as many
tests as possible. While every possible trajectory type should be
represented in an entire test suite, there is no need for each test to
have it's own separate input trajectory and topology file. I will look
at the ptraj (and cpptraj if it will be included in AmberTools) test
cases and see what I can trim.

-Dan