Re: [AMBER-Developers] [bap.legrand.gmail.com: [AMBER] Can we load rst files in leap?]

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 16:23:51 -0500

I added a -mol2 flag to do that. The mol2 file produced conforms to leap's
interpretation of the mol2 format, I believe (at least it mirrors the mol2
printed by savemol2). Leap seems to read the ones I tested it on. I also
included one of my little tools to extract the parameters from a prmtop and
dump it into an frcmod file so it should be pretty painless to back out
starting files if they've been misplaced (or you were just given a prmtop by
somebody).

All the best,
Jason

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 3:19 PM, David A. Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>wrote:

> It would (I think) be doable to augment ambpdb to have a -mol2 flag that
> would output a mol2 file rather than a pdb file. Just seeing if anyone
> wants
> to volunteer....
>
> There could also be a "mol2" flag to the trajout command in ptraj or
> cpptraj.
> That is a little clunkier, since people might not think of ptraj as having
> that capability, but would also skin the cat.
>
> ...dac
>

> ----- Forwarded message from Baptiste Legrand <bap.legrand.gmail.com>
> -----
>
> Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 19:36:04 +0100
> From: Baptiste Legrand <bap.legrand.gmail.com>
> Subject: [AMBER] Can we load rst files in leap?
>
> I want to use structures from a previous MD run in vacuum to launch a
> run in a solvent box. Is it possible to load directly my rst and prmtop
> files in leap to create "solvated" starting files?
> For the moment, I have convert the rst files in pdb using ambpdb
> nevertheless the generated pdb don't have the 'atom type' column and
> cannot be loaded in leap.
>
> ----- End forwarded message -----

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida