Re: [AMBER-Developers] netcdf restart files?

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 22:59:46 -0500

Hi all,

Sander can now read the netcdf restart format as well as write.
Reading the format is currently controlled through the use of ntx.
ntx=8 reads coordinates only (analogous to ntx=1), and ntx=9 reads
coordinates and velocities. As with standard restart files the box
information is read in the ewald setup routines; the netcdf restart
format is automatically detected there.

The netcdf restart format could also be automatically detected in the
getcor() routine, but I figured it's better (at least initially) to
keep file behavior consistent. It can be easily changed so that ntx is
for example automatically chosen (8 or 9) if a netcdf restart is
detected as INPCRD and based on the value of irest.

Please experiment if you want and let me know if there are any
problems with the format.

-Dan