Re: [AMBER-Developers] preparations for AmberTools 1.5

From: Ben Roberts <roberts.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 15:50:41 -0500

Hi all,

On 10/11/2010, at 10:47 a.m., case wrote:

> Hi everyone:
>
> I'd like to start the planning process for AmberTools 1.5. Note that we have
> no reason to wait for a two-year cycle, and my thinking is that we should
> try to decide soon what will go in the next release, do final tweaking at the
> March developers' meeting, and plan to push the release out by April, 2011.
>
> Comments on the proposed timing are welcome.
>
> I know there are significant changes in mmpbsa_py, pbsa, rism and ptraj.
> If you have other things that you think should be added to this list
> (metal-based ff's, new qm or qm/mm functionality, others???) please post
> to the list, and make plans to get code and test cases into git (if they
> are not already there.)

We're working on getting our metal force field stuff, i.e., MTK++, straightened
out and in the main release. At the moment it's on a side branch, MTKpp-devel.

We hope to have finished preliminary testing by the end of the year, so it can
be merged into the main branch and everyone can see and test it; final tweaking
etc. can happen then. Documentation and test cases will be provided too.

What do people think?

Cheers,
Ben