Re: [AMBER-Developers] Testing Server

From: Mark Williamson <mjw.mjw.name>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 18:00:11 +0100

On 16/10/2010 16:32, B. Lachele Foley wrote:
> as you might imagine, the testing alone for a 4 GB file is very time consuming, and not a priority for a grad student who can just switch to a different Amber and get the job done.

Hi,

I'm kind of playing my hand early here, but I've been working on this
recently. I've been looking at automating the testing and building of
the current git master branch. The tool is called cruisecontrol and I
have it running here:

http://git.ambermd.org:8080/dashboard/tab/dashboard

Basically, every time the master git tree is updated, it checks out a
fresh copy, builds it from scratch and then runs all the test. Then, it
logs the output and indicates if the current master is broken

This is not working 100% in the way I want it to yet, hence why I've not
posted to the list about it. This mainly stems from the inconsistent
nature of the test cases and the fact that I need to parse their outputs
in an XML form. I'll give an official email once I get it working properly.

regards,

Mark