Re: [AMBER-Developers] constants and constants.f

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:01:54 -0400

I should have waited for the QM/MM tests to finish. Those are all failing
(I did not change constants.f in src/sqm). I'm giving up and discarding the
changes.

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>wrote:

> OK, most likely my last post on this topic, as it's not an area I'm
> particularly enjoying devoting time to. It seems that there is no *single*
> value that I can choose for KB that will make all of the tests pass. I put
> the value that I saw used in runmd.f in constants.f (and subsequently
> replaced it in all other uses of boltzmann's constant in the src/sander
> folder). It eliminated a large number of test failures. The only dhfr test
> that does not pass fails with the following, sole diff:
>
> possible FAILURE: check mdout.dhfr.dif
> /Users/swails/newamber/current/amber/test/dhfr
> 125c125
> < NSTEP = 9 TIME(PS) = 510.059 TEMP(K) = 298.29 PRESS
> = 0.
> ---
> > NSTEP = 9 TIME(PS) = 510.059 TEMP(K) = 298.28 PRESS
> = 0.
>
> All other dhfr tests passed, as did gb_rna tests.
>
> However, RISM also uses the same constants module, but it actually makes
> use of the constants (i.e. KB) inside, so changing KB to match (most of the)
> sander test results of course causes small deviations in the RISM tests.
>
> The options as I see them: stick with the *most* amber-consistent version
> of the constants and clean up the tests that produce small failures
> (including the RISM tests) OR I can discard everything I've done related to
> the constants and stick with the status quo. Thoughts are welcome.
>
> Thanks!
> Jason
>

> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 11:48 PM, Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>wrote:

>>> implementations
>>>
>>> I'll just note that the energies for the main DHFR test case (in
>>> $AMBERHOME/test/dhfr/mdout.dhfr.save) have remained the same to all
>>> printed
>>> digits (about 9 significant figures) since Oct. 8, 2001. That was when

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Graduate Student