[AMBER-Developers] intent (in/out)

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:42:00 -0400

Hello,

I'm in the process of looking through some subroutines (at the moment, the
ewald force routine) to make sure that I know what it does before I try to
use any of them. Specifically, for ewald_force, none of the passed
arguments are given an explicit "intent" statement, making me follow all of
the variables to see if they're changed anywhere. Is there any reason why I
should NOT add the intent statements after I follow them to their end? (I
will, of course, compile and test before I actually push any changes). I
just didn't want to add those changes to the master branch if there was any
reason they're omitted.

Thanks!

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida