Re: [AMBER-Developers] Website patches

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 10:51:15 -0700

Hi Ben,

> You're right, I was talking about the comments in the patch headers.
>
> I guess I had thought that bugfix.all was simply a concatenation of
> individual
> bugfixes, in which I now see I was mistaken. However, when I applied
> the smaller
> bugfixes,
>
> $ patch -p0 -N < bugfix.1

I have updated the comments in all the amber11 bugfixes from:

amber11/src/...

$AMBERHOME/src/...

Which should hopefully make things clearer. I also corrected the 'comment'
for the path in bugfix.3 which was missing the extra src/ directory under
pmemd.

I think we should still keep it though that the individual patches need to
be run from the directory in which they are patching files. The only time I
have changed this in an individual patch is when it patches multiple files
in multiple directories.

The reasoning behind this is that you should really be an 'expert' to apply
the individual patches since several can have dependencies which we do not
keep track of. E.g. applying bugfix.5 will probably not work unless you have
previously applied bugfix.4.

All the best
Ross

/\