[AMBER-Developers] LeAP's memcpy and strcpy

From: MengJuei Hsieh <mengjueh.uci.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 01:59:27 -0700

Hi,

In the posix standard, the overlapping operations of memcpy and strcpy are
both undefined. But apparently newer gcc for fedora went a little bit
further, it crashes.

Both of the overlapping operations can be re-implemented with memmove().
Here is my trial patch and it solves my leap crashes on Fedora 13 x86_64
virtualbox. I will install another Fedora 12 x86_64 virtualbox to test that
patch after sleep.

If you guys have Fedora 12/13 or Ubuntu 10 and having crashes with leap, you
might want to try it out.

Best,
--
Mengjuei Hsieh, Molecular Biology & Biochem, Univ. of California Irvine.