RE: [AMBER-Developers] Thoughts on OpenMPI+Intel Compilers under 10.6 MacOSX

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 09:16:18 -0700

Hi Mengjuei

> Current intel compilers on the snow leopard are known to be
> incompatible
> with MPI. I thought that if I can use gnu to build openmpi and intel
> for
> the rest of Amber programs, it might work that way.

Why not just use the older version of the Intel compilers that DO work and
wait for all the latest stuff to be updated. Same with things like GCC 4.5
etc. This way one avoids all the hemorrhaging on the bleeding edge. We
should probably consider this response to all the people on the list trying
to use zero day compilers and MPI libraries as well.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/