Re: [AMBER-Developers] New Patch Procedures...

From: Lachele Foley <lfoley.ccrc.uga.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 18:43:33 -0400

PS: Not sure if this is in your thoughts already, but... I think you can use a sort of branching and have different people/groups push to different branches. Then, you can pull to the main repo from each branch separately. That might be a big hassle or the best thing ever, and I have no idea which because I'm as new to this as all of you, if not newer. I have in mind something like the working from home sync. Here's a page on that.

https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/GitFaq#How_would_I_use_.22git_push.22_to_sync_out_of_a_host_that_I_cannot_pull_from.3F

...of course, this doesn't use bare clones in the middle. Not sure what layer of annoyance that would add.

:-) Lachele
--
B. Lachele Foley, PhD '92,'02
Assistant Research Scientist