Re: [AMBER-Developers] mmpbsa tests (perl and python)

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 19:13:49 -0400

As an update to this, I'm finding some weird timings with PB when run
through our script. Below is the input file being printed by our
script, so maybe someone more familiar with PBSA can enlighten me as
to which variables I am setting that is killing the performance.

 Here is the input file:

File generated by MMPBSA.py
 &cntrl
   ntb=0, cut=999.0, nsnb=99999,
   imin=5, maxcyc=0, cutcap=-1, xcap=0,
   ycap=0, zcap=0, idecomp=0, ntpr=1,
   ivcap=0, ntmin=2, igb=10, ipb=1, inp=1,
 /
 &pb
   dbfopt=1, epsin=1, epsout=80, istrng=100.0,
   radiopt=0, sprob=1.4, space=0.5, maxitn=1000, npopt=1
   cavity_surften=0.00542, cavity_offset=-1.008,
   fillratio=4,
 /

When istrng is set to 0, this will finish 1 frame in 1.613 minutes.
When istrng is 100.0 (mM), 1 frame takes 20.057 minutes (I'm not sure
which revision this started happening in, but it's relatively recent).
 When I find out what I should change above, I will send the patch for
utils.py that also has the fix for utils.which.

Thanks!
Jason