Re: [AMBER-Developers] finding intel libraries

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 23:22:35 -0400

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010, Volodymyr Babin wrote:

> I am not sure I understand correctly, but maybe you meant
> something like
>
> IFORT_BIN=`which ifort`
> IFORT_HOME=`dirname $IFORT_BIN`
> IFORT_LIBDIR=`echo $IFORT_HOME | sed -e 's!/bin$!/lib!'`

That is what I have been trying, slightly modified:

    fl=`which ifort | sed -e 's?bin/ifort?lib?'`
    flibs_arch="-L$fl -lifport -lifcore"

For the version 11 compilers, $fl points to a non-existent directory, but
that is OK, since version 11 knows where to look anyway. For version 10,
the above code (or equivalently, yours, assuming dirname exists on all
systems), works for me. I don't have access to version 9 intel
compilers, but if someone could check for that, this could be a solution.

I know from my own experience how easy it is to get a really weird
LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable, and I don't think we can rely on that being set
correctly.

...thanks....dac