[AMBER-Developers] malloc error when freeing pointer in CVS ptraj

From: Ben Roberts <roberts.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 15:49:20 -0400

Hi all,

I discovered a rather annoying tendency in ptraj to throw a spaz while I
attempted to specify solvent residues by name.

As usual, intel compilers (11.1.084) on a Mac (SL 10.6.2).

I admit my CVS version is a few days old, and is not Dave's release
candidate of AT. However, is this a known problem that has been
fixed since a week or so ago?

Stdout follows:

<snip>
PTRAJ: Processing input from "STDIN" ...
trajin BPR-20100315-001_in.rst7

PTRAJ: trajin BPR-20100315-001_in.rst7
  Checking coordinates: BPR-20100315-001_in.rst7
solvent byname WAT Na+ Cl-

PTRAJ: solvent byname WAT Na+ Cl-
       Searching for solvent by residue name WAT
ptraj(3216) malloc: *** error for object 0x100a01360: pointer being freed was not allocated
Abort trap

Any thoughts from the ptraj crew? I've worked around, in the
present case through selecting residues by ID, but I hope a
better solution can be produced. I'm happy to help, though I'm
not a C expert.

Cheers,
Ben