[AMBER-Developers] Automatically detecting 32 bit compiles in configure

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 10:25:55 -0800

Hi All,

Does anyone know a 'bullet proof' way we could detect a 32 bit OS in the
configure script?

We need -malign-double on the C compiler for 32 bit OS's with CUDA but not
on 64 bit OS's. One can grep for x86_64 in 'uname -a' but I'm not sure what
this looks like in BSD, does uname look the same on all OS's etc.

Ideas / volunteers?

All the best
Ross

/\