Re: [AMBER-Developers] PMEMD missing type?

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:48:08 -0500

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu> wrote:

> again. I would suggest that we up-front, on the web page, recommend
> versions of the intel compiler and mkl known to work well, and somehow
> tactfully make it clear to the user community that we are not in the
> business of being able to compile every version of intel and link to every
> version of mkl that has ever been or ever will be produced, and don't want
> to squander the human resources that would be required.

I think this is a very simple solution. The configure script as it is checks
compiler versions right? In addition to having some compiler recommendations
in documentation, the configure script can print a warning message when an
"unsupported" compiler version is used. Since the gnu compilers seem to work
fine and theoretically everyone has access to them, the vast majority of
people should be able to compile amber no matter what.

-Dan