Re: [AMBER-Developers] PMEMD missing type?

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 12:34:45 -0500

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010, Ross Walker wrote:

> > cpp -traditional -P -DBINTRAJ -DDIRFRC_EFS -DDIRFRC_COMTRANS
> > -DDIRFRC_NOVEC -DFFTLOADBAL_2PROC -DPUBFFT pme_setup.fpp pme_setup.f90
> > ifort -fast -c pme_setup.f90
> > pme_setup.f90(417): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and
> > must
> > have an explicit type. [NATOM]
> > do n = 1, natom
> > ------------^
> >
> > This happens with both the new Makefile.amber and the old
> > Makefile/configure. I don't have this problem with the gnu 4.1.2
> > compilers.
>
> I cannot reproduce this problem on Intel or GNU compilers and the code looks
> perfectly legit to me.

I agree that the code looks legit. Happens with a non-parallel make.
I've spent an hour or so looking at the cpp processing, depend files, etc.

If one changes

   use prmtop_dat_mod

   use prmtop_dat_mod, only : natom

(just as a check), the compiler says that "natom" is not found in the module.

I also tried looking a all recent code changes, but with no luck.

What Intel compiler are you using?

....dac