Re: [AMBER-Developers] Requirement to build serial before building parallel

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 09:26:24 -0500

On Fri, Mar 05, 2010, Ross Walker wrote:

> It is often VERY beneficial to just build sander.MPI and pmemd.MPI on
> various machines without having to build the whole of AMBER Tools serial.

I suppose we could have a flag like "-sander-pmemd-only" that would skip
the test. Right now I can't remember what part of the parallel compile
needs yacc...it might be on the amber11 side or the AmberTools side. But
for the *general* user it seems better to flag problems like this early,
rather than having a strange error pop up half-way through the build step.

....dac