Re: [AMBER-Developers] Current build fail with amber11CVS

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 09:10:14 -0500

On Thu, Mar 04, 2010, Daniel Roe wrote:

> This seems to be happening because icc can't find the fortran routines it
> needs. Adding a -L flag with the directory to your fortran library
> directory, something like e.g.
>
> icc -o ptraj main.o rdparm.o dispatch.o help.o utility.o second.o io.o
> trajectory.o netcdf_ptraj.o parallel_ptraj.al.o ptraj.o actions.o analyze.o
> thermo.o pubfft.o cluster.o clusterLib.o* -L/opt/intel/fce/10.1.015/lib* ...
>
> before all of the libraries seems to do the trick. I'm not sure what the
> best way to correct this in the Makefile/configure script is.

Dan: do you have this problem on *your* machine (before you make the "-L"
fix?) Is the icc compiler finding some other libicore.a file? I'm unsure
how icc knows how to find the ifort libraries in the older compilers (pre 11)
where icc and ifort installations were in different directory trees.

We could just link with FC rather than CC, and it's worth a try to see if that
works. But it will be a job to make such a change to nab.

...thx...dac