Re: [AMBER-Developers] compile error

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 16:18:56 -0500

This is being done on Mac OS X 10.6.2 with the gnu compilers. GCC gcc
version 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5646) (dot 1) and gfortran gcc version
4.5.0 20090910 (experimental) (GCC).

The above is printout from gfortran -v and gcc -v.

The gfortran was downloaded on hpc.sourceforge.org or something
(prebuilt binary). The gcc is just the one included with xcode. I'm
not terribly motivated to try macports or fink, as I've had problems
getting either of those to work properly in the past (I think
something about my OS is borked from my early fights with architecture
incompatibilities but I don't have any desire to reformat my machine).
 I've never even gotten fink running, and half the packages I try to
install from port end up failing.

For this reason, I rarely use my laptop for Amber. If nobody else can
reproduce these errors, I will likely give up on amber on mac until I
really give my machine a makeover. There's no point in cluttering the
list with errors that may be unique to my (borked) system.

With this painful recent attempt at migration to (quasi)64-bit OS by
apple, I must say Linux has taken a big step over OS X in my
preference book.

All the best,
Jason