Re: [AMBER-Developers] sander arpack undefined reference to second_

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 10:38:32 -0500

On Mon, Mar 01, 2010, Ben Roberts wrote:

> This morning when I rebuilt and tested AT, some of the nab tests
> failed with the following:
>
> ld: duplicate symbol _second in /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/076/
> Frameworks/mkl/lib/em64t/libmkl_intel_lp64.a(_time_mkl_second.o) and /
> Applications/Amber11/lib/libnab.a(time.o)

Do you have any notion of why this is showing up now and not earlier?

Do you think it is specific to Frameworks? I don't see any problem with MKL
under Linux. My code is also searching libmkl_intel_lp64.a.

Aha: on linux (icc) if I do this:

   cd amber11/lib; nm libnab.a | grep second

I see that libnab.a is defining "second"; however, if I do the same
on a Mac (with gcc), libnab is exporting "_second". And MKL is also
exporting "_second". What compiler are you using?? And what do you get
on your system with the above nm command?

Don't do anything right now to the code; I think we can eliminate all
references to second() pretty easily. But it would be nice to track down
exactly what combination is failing.

...thx...dac