[AMBER-Developers] Assembler speaks -- is this important?

From: Lachele Foley <lfoley.ccrc.uga.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:32:23 -0500

Not that I usually watch compiler messages, but I happened to see this during the make of AT serial.

gcc -c -O3 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -DBINTRAJ -o dlasyf.o dlasyf.c
/tmp/ccAWTlMM.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccAWTlMM.s:860: Warning: Additional NOP may be necessary to workaround Itanium processor A/B step errata
/tmp/ccAWTlMM.s:3449: Warning: Additional NOP may be necessary to workaround Itanium processor A/B step errata

There are other similar messages elsewhere. Is this important?

:-) Lachele
--
B. Lachele Foley, PhD '92,'02
Assistant Research Scientist