Re: [AMBER-Developers] low priority newbie CVS question

From: Lachele Foley <lfoley.ccrc.uga.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:00:54 -0500

> should do is remove your copy, then do a "cvs update" to get a fresh one.

Ok... got it.

The man page says that "cvs co" does this:

" Create or update a working directory containing copies of the source files "

And I assumed that meant what it appears to mean (appears to me anyhow) ...but I tried "cvs update amber11" instead, and it works fine.

>> FWIW: I've had this a lot (on other files) and never figured out the root
>> cause. One more reason for dumping CVS in 6 weeks!
> Speaking of which, have we settled on a replacement version-controller yet,
> and what steps might I and others need to take to prepare for its rollout?

I heard chatter about git. I have almost no experience at all with any version control, but I've been using git and like it pretty well.

:-) Lachele
--
B. Lachele Foley, PhD '92,'02
Assistant Research Scientist