Re: [AMBER-Developers] ips.f::aips_sumrc() is not using nfftdim2 andnfftdim3

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 16:42:35 -0500

Okay, be careful about dinking with nfft[123] vs nfftdim[123]. I have no
idea whether this ips code is correct, but this nfft vs. nfftdim stuff has
caused confusion before in the recip space code (notably, the guys doing the
pmemd gpu port made some assumptions and renamed some stuff and majorly
broke some code). I have not refreshed my memory by looking at code, but I
vaguely remember that these two sets of variables exist due to use of half
complex fft's in reciprocal space calcs, and you basically have to be able
to treat different fft-related data structures as if they are dimensioned
differently (I am sure that is as clear as mud - bottom line - don't dink
with these variables unless you know what you are doing, and as far as I
know, Mike Crowley, Tom Darden and I are the only folks who have done a lot
with this stuff - though looks like ips folks waded into it a bit too...).
Regards - Bob