Re: [AMBER-Developers] Configure script and parallel build of sander

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 11:41:22 -0500

Hello,

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Ben Roberts <roberts.qtp.ufl.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Recently when I was trying to build parallel sander, I would get a lot of
> errors regarding undefined references to netcdf functions.
>
> It turns out that the problem stemmed from the NETCDF and NETCDFLIB entries
> in config.h, which under the serial version are set to netcdf.mod and
> ../netcdf/lib/libnetcdf.a respectively, but under parallel are left blank.
> It turns out, however, that parallel sander still uses serial netcdf to
> write its netcdf format trajectory files.

I'm going to guess this is because only the master process writes
restarts, so it's still serial netcdf that's *really* used? I'm
guessing pnetcdf is really only used for ptraj.MPI, since it's
parallelizing file reads? I think it would probably be easiest to
just add serial netcdf back to config.h generated for mpi.