[AMBER-Developers] DFTB test in Amber 11 - seg fault

From: Ben Roberts <roberts.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 18:00:08 -0500

I've been putting Amber 11 through its tests again on my Mac, and when
it comes to the test

qmmm_DFTB/pure_QM_MD_DFTB/Run.nma_disp

it succeeds when built with the GNU compilers, but using the Intel
compilers (version 11.1.076, to be specific) and their MKL libraries, I
get a segmentation fault.

Suspiciously, immediately before the segmentation fault (which happens
after the first step), I see the first step logged, with an RMS value of
NaN. This does not happen with the GNU-compiled version.

I'm willing to set forth on another bug-hunting expedition. But before I
do so, are there any suggestions of things I could try that are less
time-consuming?

Cheers,
Ben