Re: [AMBER-Developers] amber test failures

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 12:00:50 -0500

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 8:53 AM, David A. Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009, Jason Swails wrote:
>
>> Many tests use ntx=7
>
> This should be fixed, although it is equivalent to ntx=5.

Good to know. Should I update tests that have ntx = 7 to have ntx = 5
instead? (I'm guessing this is isolated to sander/pmemd tests, though
it may affect NAB tests as well?)

>> This now gives (NTX / IREST inconsistency  *** input errors).
>
> I've updated mdread.f so that the inconsistency error appears (to flag errors
> we need to fix) but does not stop the calculation (so that one can more easily
> work to correct problems.)  Sorry for the problems.

Great -- once we find all of the problems in the tests (which should
pop up in TEST_FAILURES.diff due to the new flag you inserted), do you
want me to change to ntx = 5 and add irest = 1 and rerun (committing
the new output and input file(s))?

>> I quickly added irest=1 to the md.in file in the LES_CUT directory and
>> the program ran fine, but got results significantly different than
>> those in the saved output file.
>
> No surprise.  The reason for the change is that the code does not correctly
> use the velocities that are read in if irest=0.

Then after all of the tests are fixed, we should probably make it quit
the calculation again? There's no point in running a calculation we
know off the bat is going to give us erroneous results.

Comments?

Thanks!