[AMBER-Developers] amber test failures

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 00:04:01 -0500

Hello everyone,

In light of the smooth, successful release of AmberTools 1.3, I
thought it would be appropriate to jump right into some amber11 test
issues... The biggest issue that I'm running into right now is either
a change in a default value (of ntx and/or irest), or a new test for
conflicting values of those two variables. Many tests use ntx=7 (for
which the documentation is sadly insufficient, as the manual provides
no description to tell me how it's different from 5 or 6), and sets no
value for irest (which defaults to 0). This now gives (NTX / IREST
inconsistency *** input errors).

The Run.* files "catch" these errors and jump over to an error
message, printing an uninformative "Program Error" and ending the test
(thereby making a complete test of AMBER a nightmare). Because this
occurs in many locations, it is becoming time consuming (and
mind-numbing) to essentially run the test, find where the error
occurred, verify this is the cause, comment out that specific test,
and resume. This has happened on LES_CUT, LES_GB, and more than half
of the test.sander.PIMD.partial tests.

I quickly added irest=1 to the md.in file in the LES_CUT directory and
the program ran fine, but got results significantly different than
those in the saved output file. Any thoughts?

Thanks!