Re: [AMBER-Developers] Re: [AMBER] Number of Cycles

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 12:33:03 -0500

It probably won't help sander much; this is way down in the list of
performance-eating hogs in sander; I don't have the numbers in front of me,
but as a wild guess, if you have decent hardware and are up in the range of
128-256 processors on pmemd, you might see a 5% impact from writing to disk
too much; you could probably push it up to 10% if you tried (but realize, if
you are using 100 processors then, you are wasting 10 of them). Unless
sander has changed a lot recently, I think it is a waste of time to run over
64 procs, if that many.
Regards - Bob