RE: [AMBER-Developers] configure modified for Cray XT5

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 09:56:18 -0800

Hi Jason,

I do not think it is worth trying to compile AMBERTools on a Cray for the
moment. On things like Kraken it is almost impossible to get a single node
so it does not really help. All that is likely to be needed is sander.MPI
and PMEMD. The issue with PMEMD is just making sure the netcdf libs have
been built.

For sander one could just try aliasing mpif90 = ftn and running the
configure script with Portland group and then make parallel. Then repeat in
pmemd editing the config.h script to use ftn in place of pgf90.

I plan to overhaul the pmemd scripts shortly to get rid of the need to edit
the config.h script and instead just use the mpi wrappers to load the
correct mpi libraries.

All the best
Ross